Health lawyers will want to be in Winnipeg, MB on April 11-12 for the Canadian Bar Association’s seventh biennial conference on Health Law.
This year’s conference theme is “Health and Human Rights” and will explore matters that lie at the intersection of these important areas.
Topics will include:
- Gender Identity and Inclusive Health Care
- Age Discrimination and Health Care
- Medical Assistance in Dying: Balancing Rights of Patients and Providers
- Think Before You Spit: DNA testing and the new Genetic Non-Discrimination Act;
- Health Litigation and Human Rights: Where health law and human rights intersect;
- Truth and Reconciliation and Social Determinants of Health;
- And more!
A highlight of the conference will be a networking reception and dinner at the Canadian Museum of Human Rights on April 11th.
Lonny Rosen has attended the previous six iterations of the CBA Health Law Summit (in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Halifax, Banff and Niagara-on-the-Lake) and is on the organizing committee for this conference. He is looking forward to connecting with health law colleagues from across Canada in Winnipeg.